Edward Bess Platinum Concealer Swatches

Thursday, October 21, 2010

3 comments
It's been awhile since I blogged about Edward Bess, but I found these in lying around in my computer, so I've dutifully uploaded them for all of you who were interested in seeing concealer swatches from the line. These come in stick form (with a metallic tube that clicks shut easily - nifty eh?), and are actually quite pigmented, and don't feel too cakey or oily going on. I'd be all over these, because I like the packaging, the pigmentation, and the texture, but the expensive price is a kicker. I guess Edward knows that beauty doesn't come cheap!

The only thing I can say about this is that the colour selection is pitiful. I guess that's to be expected with only four shades in the line. Please excuse the lousy indoor lighting in the swatches. It was the best I could do.

Edward Bess Platinum Concealer Swatches

L - R: Ivory Nude, Soft Beige, Warm Amber, Natural Tan

Ivory Nude is your "light cool-toned pink beige". If you're fair and cooltoned (NW20 maybe?) you might want this.

Soft Beige is probably the shade I'd pick, and I'm NC20. It's your "pale yellow beige". Apparently this is their best-selling colour, and it's obvious why. This is probably the shade that would suit most of us, since I can imagine Ivory Nude might be too pink for some people.

Warm Amber is the generic "dark tan" kind of colour. It leans warm in undertone, but not too warm.

Natural Tan is also leans warm, but is a good few shades darker than Soft Beige. Probably a guesstimate match might be NC30 or so (I'm not that good with MAC shades, so this is just my rough estimate!)

Other than the colour selection, I think these are pretty good. These are actually quite well-pigmented. They're not 100% opaque on first swipe, but I think with a couple of swipes you could cover most flaws and blemishes. If you don't have anything major to cover, a little of this will go a long way.

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...