Strawberry Inspired Red, Yellow Green Eye Look

Saturday, May 12, 2012

9 comments
I love strawberries, and it's strawberry season! So I decided to do an eye look using strawberry colours. Here's how the look turned out.


The eye look was really just three colours - red, yellow, and green, all the colours I associate with strawberries. It was a simple enough eye look to achieve - red on the inner lid, yellow on the middle lid, and green in the contour area.

strawberry eye look 1


I can't remember what colours I used, but chances are, they are probably from my Sleek palettes. Usually if I do a bright look, I tend to reach for my Sleek palettes, that's how good they are. Come to think of it, I can't remember what mascara I used either, much to my chagrin - that was one of the few mascaras that didn't look clumpy on me. Rats. The eyeliner was my trusty Stila Jade Smudge Pot.

strawberry eye look 2


All in all, I really liked this look. It's too abstract to really look like a strawberry, of course, but I like how fun and happy it looks. I probably wouldn't think of a colour combination like that myself, but I gotta say, the colour schemes and pairings found in nature are so pretty!

9 comments:

  1. you don't fill in your brows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, but I just didn't do it that day! Oops, I didn't realize how it looks til your comment lol.

      Delete
  2. I noticed your eyelashes are a bit clumpy - using an old mascara wand (cleaned) after applying mascara deals with it (I used to have my eyelashes clump all the time until someone told me)

    I love your eyeshadow, it reminds me of old hawaii postcards with the colors, all warm and summery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @FatNfab: You have sharp eyes! I was using an old dried up mascara that still had a bit of life less, and was hoping noone would notice! Yes, I do find an eyelash comb useful for that too, but an old mascara spoolie would be great too! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. This looks like your paradise bird look. Maybe you used the same palette (curacao)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Naminia: it's possible! I didn't really see the similarity because the bird of paradise look was done last year, but you're right, they are similar! :)

      Delete
  4. Very cool! Would you show some eye looks with both eyes?
    great blog, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE such colorful looks! You make me really wanna get me some Sleek palettes. *tempted tempted. Do you go out with this look? I hope you don't hide it behind your glasses coz it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bun Bun Makeup Tips: Sometimes I do, but usually I don't! :X But I always wear my glasses, so unfortunately everything does get hidden behind my glasses.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...