Vanity Trove March: Focus on the Body

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Leave a comment
March's Vanity Trove has landed, and it's definitely a little different from your typical beauty box. Not to say that it isn't great, but rather, the emphasis this time is more on healthcare than on beauty - perfect after all the Chinese New Year gluttony. Let's take a quick run-through!



Let's look at the makeup items first. Not too much colour here, more of base products. You get a Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact sample in Nude (with sponge, which is a nice touch), and also a Zao Essence of Nature Powder Compact in 302 Beige Orange. I think both are great shades that match with my skin, so that's a plus! Although I know a lot of bloggers were raving about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact sample, for me it was the Zao Essence of Nature Powder Compact that really wowed me. You get a full-sized product (you just need to find your own case). The ingredients list looked pretty good for a compact powder - the main ingredients are mica, zea mays (corn) starch, zinc stearate, squalane, silica, which are not clogging an are usually good ingredients in a powder. For those that like their products natural, there are some plant-derived ingredients too, the main ones being europaea (olive) leaf extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, and macadamia ternifolia seed oil.

vanity trove march makeup laura mercier zao

Next, the skincare and perfume stuff. The perfume is a carded sample of Paul Smith's Optimism. The skincare is all from Asian brands - there's a My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask, and a Skin Food Goldkiwi Gift Set, comprising of sample sizes of the Goldkiwi Toner and Goldkiwi Emulsion.

vanity trove march skincare perfume

Now, the edible body care. I guess the Vanity Trove team somehow knew I'd spend Chinese New Year stuffing my face with all the seasonal goodies (my favourites are the bakkwa and pineapple tarts, but I'm also really partial to the round crumbly peanut and almond powder cookies), because they put in not one, but two types of slimming tea. LOL! We have an three sachets of FruityLite weighted from an Asian brand, Huiji, and a couple of tea bags from a Western brand, Kilo Off. I guess this comes in useful after all my seasonal binging, although I've never been a believer in such slimming foods - my personal belief is that nothing beats exercise and healthy eating. (The hard part, of course, is practicing what I preach. Hah.)

vanity trove march weight loss

Of course, Vanity Troves now come with a Vanity Mag - there's an article with inputs and quotes from a few bloggers, so do take a look! I always love reading the views of other bloggers.

vanity trove march vanity mag

So that's March's Vanity Trove for you! If you want to try out a variety of healthcare products, this is a good time to get your Vanity Trove.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...