Illamasqua Collide: Neon Hot Pink Nails for Summer!

Friday, August 23, 2013

2 comments
If you're a beauty junkie like me, you'll know that one of the benefits of summer is wearing neon nail polish! I kid you not. I always feel so much more like wearing neon polish when the weather is warmer. And you know what the classic neon to wear on your nails is? That's right, neon pink! It just so happened that I recently bought a bottle of Illamasqua Collide nail polish during the Illamasqua sale, so what better time to bust out this baby and put it on my nails?


Illamsqua Collide Nail Polish: Perfect hot neon pink creme!

As it turns out, Illamasqua Collide was pretty darn neon. Since it's a creme finish, there's no shimmer to detract from its happy brightness. I'm not sure if you can see it in photos, my camera went a little wonky trying to capture the brightness. But in case you don't get the picture from my photos, just feel free to imagine a highlighter kinda pink and you're all set.

Illamasqua Collide Nail Polish 2
Collide is so named because with this on my nails, I'm too busy staring at my nails to notice other people in the street. Just kidding, LOL.

I happen to be a huge fan of Illamasqua's nail polishes, and the ones I've tried so far (on my blog there's only Illamasqua J'omina, but I have tried others that I haven't blogged about yet!) have been pretty great in terms of application and texture. Not too runny, not too stringy, and I like the size of the brush - these are the slightly wider brushes, closer to OPI and China Glaze than Essie, which is to my prefernce, since I have huge man-hands and huge man-nails. I got full coverage in 2 coats, which is what you're seeing in these photos.

Illamasqua Collide Nail Polish 1
Great application, nice brush size, and quick dry time.

Although Collide is a neon, it doesn't dry down matte/rubbery like some neons do. It still dries relatively shiny, but I prefer to wear mine with topcoat, just out of habit. I'm using Sally Hansen Mega Shine in the photos you see - although it's rather slow-drying as compared to some other topcoats, it has fairly good wear, in my opinion. The base coat is my favourite Gelous.

Illamasqua Collide Nail Polish 3
Most Illamasquas have a weartime of 4-5 days on me.

Most Illamasquas have a wear time of around 4-5 days on me before significant chips occur. Usually I make my NOTDs stretch out a week, because I just don't have time to touch up any chips during the work week, and my Illamasquas usually hold up looking fairly decent until the next weekend. I'm absolutely in love with this colour - it's bright pink, it has fabulous application and texture, and I like the brush! I'd have a whole lot more Illamasqua nail polishes, if only they weren't so expensive. Oh well, there's always the next sale!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...